Town of Grand Island Recreation Department Job Posting 1-28-21
Town of Grand Island Recreation Department
The Town of Grand Island Recreation Department is accepting applications for the following position:
Title: Recreation Attendant
Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $17.77 – $19.90 / hour (contract start rate $17.77 / hour)
Application Deadline: 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 11, 2021
Additional Application Information:
* Applications can be found online at https://grandislandny.myrec.com
* Completed applications, resume and cover letter can be submitted in person at the
Recreation Office Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Please note, due to pandemic safety protocols, applicants must schedule a drop of time by calling 773-9680. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Applications can also be submitted by email to
* Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by phone call by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16
* Interviews will be scheduled for February 17-18
* Anticipated start date is March 8
Graduation from high school and at least 5 years experience in recreation.
Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, physical education or related field and at least two years’ experience in recreation. Certifications in officiating, instructor level certifications and professional recreation certifications are a plus.
* Excellent customer service; handle demanding situations in a professional manner
* Experience and knowledge in adult recreation leagues and programs
This is a full time position, 40 hours / week. Work hours will be mainly Monday through
Friday between the hours of 12:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Schedule can be adjusted when adult
leagues and programs are not in session. Some weekends and holidays are required. Work
schedule will be set to meet department needs.
The major responsibility of the position is to assist in the administration of adult leagues and
programs. The position entails: observing games and programs; oversight of program staff;
program advertisement; communication with teams; creating program schedules; communication
with officials. We are seeking a forward thinking individual that can introduce new adult programs
including wellness, fitness and leisure activities while maintaining current adult leagues and
programs. Additional responsibilities will be to assist in overall Recreation Department program
operations, including special events.