Parks Department has the following job openings:
See Parks Website for further details and application: www.ginyparks.com
Water and Wastewater Departments
The Town of Grand Island is seeking to hire a Laborer in the Water and Wastewater Departments on a Full Time Conditional Basis. This Laborer position involves performing routine manual and related work as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grounds keeping which includes cutting grass, trims shrubs, rakes leaves, cuts brush, spades flower beds
- Acts as helper or assistant to skilled or semiskilled workmen
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of water and sewer lines
- Directs motor equipment and acts as flag man
- Performs a variety of heavy building cleaning work such as washing walls and windows
- Performs routine equipment maintenance
Ability to follow instructions, ability to lift heavy weights, willingness to perform routine manual work, willingness to work under all weather conditions at all hours of the day, physical endurance and good physical condition.
- Six months experience in heavy manual labor or any equivalent combination of experience and training sufficient to indicate ability to do the work. Possession of a NYS CDL while not required will be considered a plus.
Salary Range - $18.24 – $27.19 per hour
Erie County residency required
Applications can be acquired from and submitted to, including resumes, to Robert Westfall in the Engineering Department, Town of Grand Island, 2255 Baseline Road, Grand Island, NY 14072 and must be received by the close of business on March 6, 2020. Please no phone calls.
CLERK TYPIST – Part Time