The Town of Grand Island is seeking a Full Time Chief Accountant.
Duties include: The position directs the accounting operations of the Town, and its $25.4 million budget. This is an important professional accounting position with responsibility for maintaining financial accounts and funds in accordance with established accounting procedures of the County of Erie, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The incumbent reports to, and acts as, a responsible financial assistant to the Town Supervisor, participates in formulating policies and programs in accounting matters with other departments and outside agencies, and exercises supervision over a number of accounting and clerical personnel.
Full Performance Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
Comprehensive knowledge of:
• theory and practice of governmental and municipal accounting and auditing
• modern methods of maintaining and checking financial accounts and records
• principles and procedures of single and double entry bookkeeping
• legislation governing maintenance of financial records
• examine account keeping procedures and to install revised accounting systems
• perform complex analyses of accounting records and procedures and prepare detailed reports
• supervise a staff in the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports
• get along well with others
• possess a high degree of accuracy, sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, and dependability
Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credit hours in accounting (required) and six (6) years of experience in accounting and/or auditing, two (2) years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
Salary Range: $38.51-$44.63/hour
Erie County residency required.
Please reply with a resume and cover letter by 05/20/22 to:
Pamela Barton - Supervising Accountant
Town of Grand Island
2255 Baseline Road
Grand Island, NY 14072
Or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NO phone calls please!